By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. Coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in robotics;
2. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of robotics to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods;
3. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs to meet defined and specified requirements;
4. An understanding of design methodologies, and an ability to use them.
5. Workshop and laboratory skills.
6. The ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods;
7. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of robotics;
8. An understanding of applicable techniques and methods in robotics, and of their limitations