The aim of this course is for students to acquire knowledge and skills in global aspects of Automation and Industrial Electronics Engineering, mixing technical and professional aspects. The final project work shall verify, as a whole, the level in the skills acquired by the student.
Each student will develop individually a project which synthesize and integrate the skills acquired in his/her studies. This project will be presented and defended in front of board of examiners.
The student must acquire the following competences:
1. Ability to draft and develop projects in the field of electrical engineering and automation industry aimed to the construction, modification, repairing, maintenance, fabrication, assembly, installation or operation of electronic installations, facilities or industrial plants and manufacturing and automation processes.
2. Ability for managing activities related to the engineering projects described in the previous section.
3. Knowledge of basic and technological issues that will enable him or her to learn new methods and theories, and will give him or her the versatility to adapt himself or herself to new situations.
4. Ability to solve problems with initiative, decision making, creativity and critical thinking and to communicate and transmit knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of Industrial Electronics and Automatics.
5. Ability to analyze and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions.
6. Ability to apply principles and methods of quality management.
7. Ability for organization and planning in the field of companies, institutions and organizations.
8. Ability to analyze, synthesize, organize and plan the necessary information for the project, and to issue a professional opinion, ethical and rigorous to choose the technological options in the project.
9. Using a combination of general and specialized engineering knowledge to solve a problem or optimize the application of existing and emerging technologies.
10. Appling appropriate theoretical and practical methods to analyze and solve problems and to propose an proper solution from among several alternatives.
11. Designing and conducting engineering projects using the principles and methodology of industrial electronics and automatization.
12. Managing a project from a technical, economic and trade point of view, using planning tools and project management.
13. Communicate effectively, both orally and written, all results and documents related to the project.
14. Preparation of documents following the standards proposed for the Bachelor Thesis.
1. General knowledge about the development of a comprehensive project related to some aspect of the Bachelor in Electronic Engineering and Industrial Automation.
2. Search and management of technical information, commercial information, etc.. related to the project.
3. Developing a complete project, following the guidelines defined by the tutor of the Thesis.
4. Research and self-study to propose the best possible solution for the problem.
5. Preparation of written reports.
6. Public presentation of individual results.