By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. knowledge and understanding to develope, execute and manage industrial engineering projects, according to good practises, standards and regulations
2. awareness of the wider multidisciplinary context of engineering.
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to analyse engineering products, processes and methods;
4. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs to meet defined and specified requirements;
5. the ability to conduct searches of literature, and to use data bases and other sources of information;
6. an awareness of the non-technical implications of engineering practice.
7. function effectively as an individual and as a member of a team;
8. demonstrate awareness of the health, safety and legal issues and responsibilities of engineering practice, the impact of engineering solutions in a societal and environmental context, and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering practice;
9. demonstrate an awareness of project management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations