By the end of this content area, students will be able to have:
1. coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in vehicle automation applications;
2. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of automation applications to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods in vehicle automation;
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs of automation applications to meet defined and specified requirements (localization, control and communications);
4. workshop and instrumentation skills.
5. an understanding of applicable techniques and methods in automation applications, and of their limitations;
6. demonstrate awareness of the health, safety and legal issues and responsibilities of engineering practice, the impact of engineering solutions in a societal and environmental context, and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering practice;