Upon successful completion of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of digital systems and microprocessors to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods;
2. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs of embedded systems to meet defined and specified requirements;
3. an understanding of design methodologies to develop applications and algorithms in embedded systems, and interfaces with sensors, actuators, and auxiliary circuits, and an ability to use them.
4. workshop and laboratory skills.
5. the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods for the development of emebedded systems;
6. an understanding of applicable techniques and methods in digital electronics and microprocessors, and of their limitations;