By the end of this content area, students will be able to have:
1. coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in real time systems;
2. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of computing systems to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods for deterministic systems;
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs to meet defined and specified time requirements;
4. an understanding of design methodologies, and an ability to use them.
5. workshop and programming skills.
6. the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods;
7. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of computing systems;
8. an understanding of applicable techniques and methods in computing systems, and of their limitations.