By the end of this subject, students will be able to :
1. To have the knowledge and understanding of the principles related to scientific computing for modelling and simulation of dinamical systems.
2. Apply their knowledge and understanding of dynamical systems to identify, formulate and solve modelling and simulation problems of engineering systems using established methods;
3. To select and apply relevant analytic and modelling methods.
4. To have an understanding of the different programming methods used for implementing mathematical algorithms on scientific computation computer programs, and the capacity to apply them to solve engineering problems.
5. To have the workshop and laboratory skills to work with scientific computation programs.
6. Select and use appropriate mathematical tools and programming methods to solve engineering problems related to modelling and simulation of dinamical systems.
7. To combine theory and practice to implement on a computer program the solution to engineering problems regarding modelling and simulation of dynamic systems;
8. Understand the applicable techniques and methods in modelling and simulation of dynamic systems, and their limitations;