By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. knowledge and understanding of the key aspects and concepts of automation and control methods.
2. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of industrial automation using established methods;
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs of industrial automation systems to meet defined and specified requirements;
4. the ability to design and conduct appropriate experiments, interpret the data and draw conclusions;
5. Technical and laboratory skills.
6. the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods;
7. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve engineering problems of industrial automation
8. capacity of collaborative teamwork