By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in digital systems and heterogeneous computing;
2. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of digital systems to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods;
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise digital designs to meet defined and specified requirements;
4. an understanding of design methodologies, and an ability to use them.
5. workshop and laboratory skills.
6. the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods;
7. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of digital systems;
8. an understanding of applicable techniques and methods in digital electronics, and of their limitations;