By the end of this content area, students will be able to have:
1. coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in perception systems;
2. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of perception systems to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods;
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs to meet defined and specified requirements;
4. an understanding of design methodologies, and an ability to use them.
5. the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods;
6. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of perception systems
7. an understanding of applicable techniques and methods in perception systems, and of their limitations;