The main objective for this course is to learn and apply the essentials of industrial firms organization.
Allow the student to develop the basic competences required to manage the production planning and
control and logistic activities in industrial companies.
By the end of this content area, students will be able to have:
1. knowledge and understanding of the basic concepts about production planning and control and
2. awareness of the wider multidisciplinary context of engineering applying knowledge of
mathematics, statistics, economics and other scientific fields to the analysis of business situations.
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve
problems of industrial organization using established methods;
4. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to analyse engineering products,
processes and methods;
5. the ability to apply their knowledge to develop and realise design and operation of productive
and logistic systems;
6. the ability to select and use appropriate tools and methods in industrial organization;
7. an awareness of the non-technical implications of engineering practice;
8. demonstrate an awareness of project management and business practices, such as risk and
change management, and understand their limitations;