By the end of this content area, students will be able to have:
1. a systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of their branch of engineering in control engineering;
2. coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in control engineering;
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of control engineering to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods;
4. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs to meet defined and specified requirements;
5. an understanding of design methodologies, and an ability to use them.
6. workshop and laboratory skills.
7. the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods;
8. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve control engineering problems;
9. an understanding of applicable techniques and methods in control engineering, and of their limitations.