By the end of this content area, students will be able to have:
1. knowledge and understanding of strength of materials and structural calculus.
2. awareness of the wider multidisciplinary context of engineering.
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of strength of materials and structural calculus using established methods;
4. the ability to design and conduct appropriate experiments, interpret the data and draw conclusions;
5. workshop and laboratory skills.
6. the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods;
7. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of strength of materials and structural calculus
8. an understanding of applicable techniques and methods in mechanics of structures, and their limitations