1. Presentation and Introduction of the subject.
a. Definition of industrial automation concept
b. Historical antecedents
c. Continuous systems versus discrete event systems
2. Discrete events system modelling: State Diagrams and SFC. Exercise and lab clases.
a. Basic concepts of Booleane algebra
b. Sequential systems. The concept of a state.
c. Graphical representation of sequential systems
d. State Diagram Modelling. Exercise clases
e. Petri Nets Modelling. Basic concepts.
f. Functional Diagram (SFC) Modelling. Exercise clases
3. Introduction to automation technologies: wiring and programmable systems. PLC hardware.
4. PLCs programming languages:
a. Ladder (LD). Exercise and lab classes
b. Functional diagram (SFC). Exercise and lab classes
a. Electric engines.
b. Hydraulic actuators.
c. Pneumatic (actuators, valves, symbology)
a. Classification, features, etc.
b. Sensor description
7. Introduction to field buses.