The objectives of this course are to provide a sound basis in the electrical side of a generation power plant. In particular all issues related with one line and three line diagrams, selection of transformers for the power plant, grounding calculation, generator circuit breaker selection, and design & setting of the protection system.
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the electrical system of a generation power plant.
- Selection of the proper values to buy transformers for connection with the network and for connection with the ancillary system.
- Grounding Assessment for generator power plant.
- Definition of the protective system.
- Evaluation of the monitoring and maintenance procedures.