By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. coherent knowledge of biomechanics including some at the forefront of the branch in mechanical engineering.
2. awareness of the wider multidisciplinary context of engineering.
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems of biomechanics using established methods;
4. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs of biomechanics to meet defined and specified requirements;
5. the ability to conduct searches of literature, and to use data bases and other sources of information;
6. the ability to design and conduct appropriate experiments in biomechanics, interpret the data and draw conclusions;