1. A systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of the vapour compression refrigeration systems for buildings and freezing chambers.
2. Coherent knowledge in the buildings air-conditioning field, including some at the forefront of vapour compression refrigeration systems.
3. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve thermal load problems and vapour compression refrigeration systems for buildings using established methods;
4. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs to meet defined and specified requirements according to the Thechnical building Code, the air-conditioning requirements in buildings and refrigeration freezing chambers.
5. The ability to design and conduct appropriate experiments, interpret the data and draw conclusions;
6. The ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods for the air-conditioning of buildings and the refrigeration of freezing chambers.
7. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve engineering problems related to the overall heat transfert coefficient of a building, thermal loads, vapour compression refrigeration systems for buildings and freezing chambers.
8. Function effectively as an individual and as a member of a team;
9. Demonstrate awareness of the health, safety and legal issues and responsibilities of the thermal efficiency for buildings and vapour compression refrigeration systems, the impact they have in a societal and environmental context, and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms in the air-conditioning field.