By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. a systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of machine testing.
2. coherent knowledge of machine testing including some at the forefront of the branch in mechanical engineering.
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of machine testing using established methods;
4. the ability to select and apply relevant analytic and modelling methods in machine testing.
5. an understanding of methodologies in machine testing, and an ability to use them.
6. the ability to design and conduct appropriate experiments in machines, interpret the data and draw conclusions;
7. workshop and laboratory skills in machine testing.
8. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of machine testing;
9. an understanding of applicable techniques and methods in machine testing, and of their limitations;