By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. Understanding of the specific technical documents, concepts and methodology for product design.
2. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve product design problems using established methods.
3. The ability to select and apply relevant analytic and modelling methods in product design.
4. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs and components to meet defined and specified requirements.
5. The ability to design and conduct appropriate experiments to evaluate a product design, along with the data interpretation and to get conclusions.
6. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems in product design.
7. Understanding of applicable techniques and methods in product design
8. Function effectively as an individual and as a member of a team.