By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. A systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of manufacturing processes.
2. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of manufacturing processes using established
3. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to analyse engineering products, processes and methods.
4. The ability to select and apply relevant analytic and modelling methods in problems related with manufacturing processes.
5. The ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods to define manufacturing processes.
6. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve manufacturing problems.
7. An understanding of applicable techniques and methods, and of their limitations in the manufacturing field;
8. Function effectively as an individual and as a member of a team;
9. Demonstrate awareness of the health, safety and legal issues and responsibilities of engineering practice, the impact of engineering solutions in a
societal and environmental context, and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering practice;