By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. A systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of technology of materials, through the relationship among processing, structure and properties of different materials.
2. A coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch, to develop technologies in areas where processing, structure and properties can be related.
3. Awareness of the wider multidisciplinary context of engineering, opening concepts of technology of materials for their relationship to other areas.
4. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems of technology of materials using established methods, explaining the performance of materials in different working areas.
5. The ability to design and conduct appropriate experiments of technology of materials, interpret the data and draw conclusions.
6. Workshop and laboratory skills of technology of materials.
7. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems related to technology of materials.
8. An awareness of the non-technical implications of engineering practice in the field of technology of materials.