The main goal of this course is helping students to develop key competences on the management of information, which will be extremely useful not only for the good course of their studies but also for their future professional activity. After completing this course, students will have the resources and skills needed to develop their learning in an autonomous and lifelong manner, which is one of the main ideas underneath the European Space for Higher Education.
To achieve this goal, the student must acquire the following program outcomes, related to the following competences.
At the completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the importance of resource-based learning and research.
- Recognize information problems and develop effective strategies to solve them.
- Become familiar with general and specialized information sources, and be able to determine their appropriateness for the task at hand.
- Determine the reliability and quality of information and its sources.
- Develop their information retrieval skills, improving the precision and efficiency of their searches.
- Use information ethically, avoiding plagiarism, and following academic conventions and professional requirements.