By the end of this course, students will be able to have:
1. A systematic understanding of the key concepts and aspects for the calculation and design of lightweight structures.
2. An adequate knowledge of calculation and design of lightweight structures that includes leading knowledge in this field in mechanical engineering, such as the design and calculation of composite structures.
3. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of lightweight structures using established methods.
4. The ability to choose and apply analytical and modeling methods to solve lightweight structure problems.
5. An understanding of the different calculation methods that are used for the analysis of lightweight structures.
6. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve lightweight structure problems.
7. An understanding of the different applicable methods and techniques and their limitations for the analysis of the lightweight structures.
8. An awareness of the implications of engineering practice in the design and calculation of lightweight structures.