By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. A systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of elasticity on real solids.
2. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve elasticity problems using established methods.
3. The ability to select and apply relevant analytic and modelling methods regarding the elastic behaviour.
4. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs in elastic regime to meet defined and specified requirements.
5. An understanding of design methodologies in elasticity, and an ability to use them.
6. The ability to design and conduct appropriate characterization experiments, interpret the data and draw conclusions.
7. Workshop and laboratory skills in Elasticity.
8. The ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods to solve problems in elastic regime.
9. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of Elasticity.
10. An understanding of applicable techniques and methods to solve problems in elastic regime, and of their limitations.