The main goal of this subject is the design, calculation and selection of equipments in different energy systems.
The student will be able to:
- Set the operating conditions for cooling towers, evaporators, condensers and heat exchangers.
- Understand the relevant concepts on phase change processes and air-water non-reactive systems.
- Design heat exchangers that satisfy the desired operating conditions.
- Solve power plant cicles.
- Estimation of the operation for heat exchanger devices.
- Selection and design of different equipments in energy systems.
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to search, communicate and discriminate what is the relevant information to characterize a heat exchager equipment.
- The ability to apply knowledge of thermodynamics and heat and mass transfer to the resolution of certain problems on heat exchangers.
- The ability to teamwork and distribute the workload to face complex problems, mainly design.
Regarding attitudes, the student after completing the course should have:
- A critical attitude regarding the selection and design of the different heat exchanger devices that make up a process.
- An collaborative attitude to obtain the information and knowledge needed to perform complex tasks.