1. Generic/Transversal Competences:
- Capacity to analyze and synthesize (PO e)
- Capacity to organize and plan the work (PO d)
- Capacity to manage resources in an efficient way. (PO c e)
- Capacity to put in practice theoretical concepts in different use cases. (PO c e k)
- Oral and written skills (PO g)
- Working as a team (PO d)
2. Specific Competences.
a. Cognitive (to know). (PO a, h, j, k)
- Knowledge in Design for all, accessibility and users affected by the digital divide in Information and Communication systems.
- Knowledge of legislation and national and international standards in relation to accessibility and design for all in information systems.
- Knowledge of methods and tools to support software process activities in information systems with a User Centered Design that allow to integrate accessibility requirements as well as Design for all.
- Knowledge about how to include Design for all and accessibility policies in organizations
- Knowledge about accessibility quality
b. Procedural/instrumental (to be able to do). (PO b c e g k)
- To be able to identify requirements about user needs concerning functional diversity and accessibility barriers in information systems.
- To be able to identify requirements about user needs in assistive technologies for design for all in information technologies compatible with information systems.
- Ability to integrate solutions in a case study in an organization devoted to software development with interest in accessibility and Design for all.
- Ability to apply mandatory laws in accessibility and Design for all issues in software development process.
- Ability of modeling considering accessibility requirements in software development process.
- Ability to use methodological frameworks following a Design for all approach in developing accessible information systems.
- Ability to use evaluation frameworks for accessibility
- Ability to use assistive technologies and developing and evaluations tools concerning accessibility.
- Ability of designing and evaluating accessible information systems in web environments following standards.
- Ability to include mechanisms in organizational strategy with the objective of seize opportunities to market demand as well as to enhance corporate social responsibility policy.
c. Attitude (Being)
- Ability of working as a multidisciplinary team together with final users. (PO d)
- Analyse, evaluate and conclude with the different accessible solutions for a given use case. (PO e h j k)
- Personal development in Design for all and accessibility matters. (PO f h)
- Capability of autonomous learning for the professional future in the area of design for all and accessibility. (PO i h k)
- To keep in mind always accessibility and a diversity of users and final devices in information systems. ((PO h i)
- To have interest in government e-inclusion policies as well as of different international organizations. (PO f i)