1. Learning objectives: (PO: a, CGB1)
- To solve systems of linear equations and to interpret the results.
- To understand the concept of algebraic structure.
- To know and understand the notion of vector spaces and their applications.
- To understand the notion of bases and coordinates in a vector space.
- To understand linear transformations and to represent them by matrices.
- To compute the fundamental vector spaces associated to a matrix.
- To understand the concept of eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a matrix, and to know their computation and applications.
- To compute the QR decomposition of a matrix.
- To find an approximate solution to an inconsistent system of linear equation by least-square fitting.
- To obtain the singular value decomposition of a matrix.
2. Specific skills: (PO: a, CGB1)
- To raise the abstraction level.
- To be able to solve real problems using typical linear algebra tools.
3. General skills: (PO: a, CGB1)
- To improve the oral and written communication ability using the language and signs of mathematics properly.
- To be able to model a real situation described with words using mathematical concepts.
- To improve the ability to interpret a mathematical solution and define its limitations and reliability.
- To be able to use mathematical software.