Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) has approved a new hybrid teaching model for this academic year, in which it will combine in-person classes with synchronous and interactive online instruction. Lectures will be carried out synchronously online, while on the other hand, classroom sessions in small groups will be given in-person with health and safety measures.
- Lectures where the theoretical concepts are explained (PO: a)
The lecturer wil provide a file with the following information (1 week in advance)
- Main topics to be discussed during the session
- Chapters/sections in each of the text books provided in the bibliography were the studend can read about these topics
- Sessions in small groups to solve problems (PO: a, d).
The main skills to be developed in these activities are
- To understand the statement of the problem (for instance drawing an scheme that summarizes the statement)
- To identify the physical phenomenon involved in the statement and the physical laws related to it.
- To develop a strategy to reach the objective (for instance breaking the problem in small subproblems).
- To be careful in the use of mathematics
- To analyze the reasonability of the result (is the final number reasonable?, are the dimensions consistent?)
- Small works focused to the search of scientific information in different sources (mainly internet). (PO: a,d)
- Laboratoy sessions. (PO:b, d)
In this academic year half of the laboratory sessions will be carried out synchronously online.
The main skills to be developed in this activity are:
- To understand that physics is an experimental science and they can reproduce the laws that have been theoretically explained in the lectures.
- To use scientific instruments and to be careful in its operation
- To be careful in the acquisiton of the experimental data.
- To learn the basis of the management of a scientific data set
- To write a report with the main results of the experiment
- To reason in a critical way these results: have we achieve the goals of the experiment?