The specific competences of the subject have been divided into three sections:
- Know how to solve linear and nonlinear ordinary differential equations of first order and interpret results.
- Know how to solve linear ordinary differential equations of second order.
- Know how to calculate the Laplace transform and how to use it to solve differential equations.
- Know how to solve systems of linear differential equations of first order.
- Understand the concept of Fourier series and using it to solve differential equations.
- Know how to use numerical methods to compute approximate solutions of non-linear differential equations.
- Increase the level of abstraction.
- To be able to solve practical problems using differential equations.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing correctly using signs and the language of Mathematics.
- Ability to model a real situation described in words by differential equations.
- Ability to interpret the mathematical solution of a problem, their reliability and limitations.