The objectives of the course are
1) To address several key issues such as noise, bandwidth limitation, interference; and to investigate their effects on the performance of communication systems, through error probability analysis.
2) To analyze the different types of transmission media and their impairments.
3) To explore fundamental limits of communication systems, such as channel capacity.
4) To plan and analyze simple communication systems in terms of coverage and capacity.
Related to the following:
- Transmission concepts
- Channel characterization and modelling.
- Quality measurement in communication channels
- Limits in Performance of physical channels.
- Design and planning of communication systmes
- Programming with channel simulation software