The objective of this course is to go deeper and complement the knowledge adquired in the Access Networks and Shared Media, and Communications Networks and Services courses by means of communication protocol development and the configuration of network equipment. This course has been designed with a strong applied component.
The student should meet the following specific objectives:
- Know the practical implications of developing network and link layer protocols.
- Know the configuration requirements and go deep into the knowledge of intra-domain routing protocols.
- Develop a simple network stack.
- Design and deploy a communications network composed by multiple heterogeneous systems.
- Configure intra-domain routing protocols in the deployed network.
- Validate the correct operation of the network deployed and configured previously.
Additionally, it is expected that the student will be acquire the following:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, statistics, science, telecommunication technologies and engineering.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Ability to access technical literature and understand it.