The objective of this course is to achieve the basic training of the student on the electronic instruments, the electronic devices and the electronic circuits, and the application of this knowledge to solve some engineering. In order to achieve this objective, it is the aim of this course that the student will obtain the following knowledge and abilities:
- A knowledge of how passive and active electronic devices work and their main applications.
- A knowledge of the electronic instruments, the measuring methods and techniques.
- An ability to analyze the main parameters of single and multi-stage amplifiers in small-signal domain.
- An ability to know how differential amplifiers work and to analyze their response.
The specific competences and the skills that are developed in this course are the following:
- An ability to apply the knowledge of circuits analysis tools, the analysis of electronic circuits with passive components, active devices and amplifiers, in transient regime and stationary regime.
- An ability to characterize the electronic parameters associated to passive components and amplifier circuits. In addition, an ability to interpret the results comparing them with manufacturer datasheets.
- An ability to solve real problems through orientated exercises that are related to each thematic block and global case studies that involve the total contents of the course.
- Knowledge of different instruments and measurement techniques and an ability to manage them in the laboratory, the use of commercial simulation tools and their application to characterize electronic circuits.