Department assigned to the subject: Department of Physics
Type: Basic Core
ECTS Credits: 6.0 ECTS
Branch of knowledge: Engineering and Architecture
Students are expected to have completed
School level Physics and Mathematics including basic concepts of kinematics, dynamics, electric and magnetic field and use of basic mathematical tools: algebraic operations with vectors, differentiation and integration
Knowledge of basic physical phenomena in engineering implications.
Understanding mathematical models that explain these phenomena.
Understanding and management of the scientific method and scientific - technical language.
Development of techniques and strategies for the analysis of reasoning and problem solving (PO a).
Interpretation and analysis of experimental data ( PO b). Elemental device management and measurement systems ( PO b).
Description of contents: programme
Particle kinematics. Particle Dynamics. Coulomb's law. Electric Field. Gauss Law. Electric potential. Conductors. Capacitors, Dielectric and Energy. Electric Current. Magnetic Forces and Magnetic Fields. Sources of Magnetic Field. Magnetic Materials. Faraday 's law of induction. Wave propagation. Sound and electromagnetic waves.
Learning activities and methodology
- Theoretical master classes in synchronous online format
- Discussions in the virtual classroom
- Practical demonstrations in the virtual or face-to-face classroom
- Personal work of the student oriented to the acquisition of theoretical knowledge
- Classes in small groups in face-to-face format, with direct and active interaction between students and teacher. In these classes, the theoretical concepts will be applied to problem solving to check if the concepts have been understood correctly.
- Weekly individual tutoring (up to 4 students)
- Online group tutoring
- Personal work of the student oriented to the acquisition of practical skills related to the program of the subject
- Participation in forums in Aula Global
- Continuous assessment tests for the student to check if they have understood the subject
- Practical laboratory sessions consisting of conducting experiments and analyzing the results. Two practices will be in online format and two others will be face-to-face. All of them are compulsory to pass the subject.
% end-of-term-examination 60
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 40