The activities used to underpin the competences and the skills in the course
are (preceeded by the reference to the program objectives):
- Exercises covering the following topics: design the most appropriate data
structure for a functionality in a mobile application, write code fragments to
manipulate data structures, read/write fields, process data, etc, calculate the
amount of memory occupied by different data structures (PO: a).
- During the lab sessions code fragments are written, compiled, linked and
executed using different compiler options and detect, analyze and correct these
programs using the debugger (PO: b).
- During the lab sessions code fragments are written to create, destroy and
manipulate data structures using dynamic memory. Students are also requested to
divide a given functionality into functions and write their code (PO: c).
- During an eight-week period students are divided into teams of four or five
members and they must execute a project entailing the design of a software
application containing multiple milestones, deliverables and objectives(PO: d).
- Write detailed meeting minutes with the action items and final conclusions,
exchange information between teammates using chats, forums, email, explain the
requirements derived from the specification of a work module, and the solution
decided by the team (PO: g).
- Students are requested in several activites throughout the course to search
for auxiliary documents to support the information studied in a topic. In their
final report, they must acknowledge the information sources they used (PO: i).
- Use of the following tools: Virtual machines, compiler, IDE, version
control and emulator in multiple laboratory sessions (PO: k).
During these activities the teaching staff reviews the student work in the
class, supervises the lab sessions, answers questions in course forum,
maintains at least one hour a week of office hours and calls for plenary office
hours upon demand.