Knowledge and management of the basic concepts and techniques for digital and analog communication such as noise, modulation and demodulation processes in digital communications, the information theory as a tool to establish the limits in communication systems and the fundamental techniques for analog communications.
Therefore, the subject has the goal of allowing the student to acquire the following general competences:
* Knowledge and development of technical skills required in the telecommunications field with emphasis in the analysis and mathematical characterization of a communication system.
The same way than the following specific competences:
* Acquisition of the knowledge of mathematics and statistics that will be used as a tool to solve engineering problems in the context of communication systems. (PO a, PO e, and PO k)
* The ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data and results. (PO b)
* Design of a communication system with the constraints given by its critical parameters such as cost, consume of power, bandwidth, transmission rate, and complexity. (PO c)
* Ability of effective communication of information, in speech and in writing. (PO g)