This course describes the principles of Networks with wireless access technologies, and the implications that the special features that this type of access (for example, mobility of users) have in the network protocols. 4G and its evolution (5G), and the technology IEEE 802.11 (WiFi) will be analysed. To achieve this objective, the student must acquire specific knowledge and capacities.
Regarding the Program Outcomes (POs) of the degree, the course covers the following ones:
a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, statistics, science, telecommunication technologies and engineering
b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
j) a knowledge of contemporary issues
k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Regarding knowledge (PO j), at the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the specific characteristics of the wireless access and the impact of mobility.
- Understand the standards IEEE 802.11, including aspects related to QoS and security.
- Understand the 4G: standardization process, architecture, protocols, and service provisioning.
- Understand the future architecture of the mobile networks: EPS.
- Understand the future 5G networks and the relevant technologies (virtualization, C-RAN and MEC).
- Work with the main technologies in the field of mobile communication networks, understanding their components and functionalities (PO j).
- Design and configure mobility solutions in IP networks to support a group of mobile users (POs a, k).
- Configure equipment based on IEEE 802.11 technologies, understanding advanced configuration options (POs b, k).
- Design and configure a wireless access solution to support mobile users (PO b).
- Design cellular communications networks architectures (PO a).
- A global view of the complex problem of the communications in networks with mobility and wireless access (POs a, k).
- To work in teams, properly distributing the work to face complex problems (PO b).
- To access and understand technical bibliography.
-Contact with widespread technologies used in the business and operator world (PO j).
- Skills to access the require information so as to know the details of a certain configuration.