The main objective of the course is that students acquire a body of knowledge which enable minimum to analyze the past of the whole American continent since the arrival of Europeans. A long view of the problems is a fundamental tool for the critical perception of changes in the continent and America today.
The knowledge gained will enable students to:
- To know the origins of modern America from the processes of colonization, Independence and contemporary development.
- Understand the role of the economy, society and culture in shaping the American colonial and contemporary world.
- Analyze the major conflicts in the Americas in its historical dimension.
- Reflect on the normality and specific socio-political development in various areas geohistorical of prehispanic, colonial and contemporary America.
- Acquire a deep and complex historical processes and current problems, especially those related to the processes of globalization and globalization since its development in modern times to the present.
Based on this concept, it is intended to provide students with general capabilities and more specific for the proper exercise of their profession.
Among the more specific abilities may refer to:
- Assimilate a complete and detailed statement of the issue of the historical problems that arise during the course.
- Learn to critically analyze texts, images and documentaries, understanding the deeper motivations of its creators and the specific interests they move.
- Apply the methods of analysis of the past in the historian's own present problems, which are a specific field of study in the context of the humanities.
Among the general capabilities:
- Solve problems within complex and diverse societies, such as those in the current American societies.
- Acquire adequate information to make smart and effective.
- Have a multidisciplinary approach that goes beyond reducing the frontiers of space and knowledge.
- Leading teams trained to work together as part of a complex society.
The course offers an exhibition of the history of America, articulated according to a periodization that will go from the processes of colonization to the present. Historical phenomena are integrated from a sociopolitical and cultural fundamentally. Special attention to the specific problems of national and regional frameworks articulation and intercontinental and its relationship with Europe