Infographics news media is an introduction to the display of information in the press. Computer graphics, using maps, statistical tables and diagrams and creating icons for the transmission of content, is a discipline that has existed since the birth of newspapers, but only in the last two decades has begun to be studied as a journalistic genre.
Traditionally, INFOGRAPHICS has always been mistake associated with illustration and visual arts, but the paradigm is changing thanks to the most serious and journalistic approaches departments graphics of The New York Times, The Washington Post and Chicago Tribune, among others.
DEVELOPED COURSE PROGRAM:
1. INFORMATION RETRIEVAL FOR INFOGRAPHICS.
2. BACKGROUND AND VISUAL THINKING.
3. THE SKETCH AND THE DIAGRAMMATIC.
4. INFOGRAPHIC STRUCTURE.
5. TIPOLOGY OF GRAPHICS AND VARIABLES.
6. ICONOGRAPHY AND THEIR FORMS.
6. MAPS, TIPOLOGIES AND USES.
7. COMPLEX VISUAL NARRATIVE.
8. VISUAL NARRATIVES STRUCTURES AND APPLICATION IN MASS-MEDIA
10. VISUALIZATION OF INFORMATION AND STRUCTURES.
11. INFOGRAPHICHS TRENDS.