This course emphasize the importance of digital information sources in Internet, as a tool for the construction of journalistic and audiovisual speech aimed at the truth and explanation of the news and other informational messages. We intend to show why information should be documented and what is, what are the main tasks of a documentation center within a journalistic medium, where they can be major sources of information and how to access them, how to reuse information already recorded for journalistic purposes, producing new information and, finally, how to organize personal information by journalists.
A more in depth list of the main covered areas include:
- Basic concepts of digital information
- Information sources for journalists
- Information analysis: Quantitative data, graphics and bad practices in the use of non-text information.
- Text, image, sound, multimedia: how to obtain, manage and reuse contents
- Tools for Data journalism: how to understand, combine, describe and represent big datasets