1. Introduction. Philosophy and audio-visual media.
- What is Philosophy?
- What is a medium?
- Why is it necessary to think media?
2. Media, entertainment or critique?
- Archaeology of the media.
- Thinking the photographic image.
- Sound recordings. A critical approach.
- Cinema. From the fair grounds to mass seduction.
- Television, consumerism and new dynamics.
- Video cameras and talking back.
- Internet, smart phones and screens in dialogue, or not?
3. Critical Approaches.
- Cultural Studies.
- Feminism and Queer Theory.
- Artistic discourses.
- Contemporary Visual Culture, the image and the gaze.
- Thinking through images
- Images that think themselves
5. Group presentations.