The course analyzes Contemporary Art and Architecture from its origins to our days. For this, they focus on several key moments, true inflection points of contemporary art that correspond to the ways of interpretation of it.
1. Color as a tool for painting transformation. Impressionism and the origins of modern art. Postimpressionism, Pointillism, Neoimpressionism. Fauvism
2. The analytical view: Cubism and the transformation of art from the volume of things. Futurism
3. The Modern Movement in Architecture. Functionalism, Rationalism, International Style. The Constructivism.
4. The spiritual view: Kandinsky, Malevich, Mondrian and abstraction.
5. The subjective view: expressionism and surrealism.
6. The Organic Architecture. From the Houses of the Prairie to the Guggenheim of NY.
7. The intellectual view: Duchamp, from Dadaism to conceptual art.
8. The Cabin of Heidegger and Luis Isadore Kahn.
9. The ironic view: Warhol and pop art.
10. The artist as a work of art or the arts of action. Art and social commitment.
11. Architecture of deconstruction and recycling.
12. Video Art and Net · Art.