The course discusses Modern and Contemporary Art from its origins to our days, with the following syllabus:
1. Manet and the Origins of Modern Art. Impressionism & Postimpressionism.
2. The Analytical View: Cubism & Futurism.
3. The Subjective View: Fauvism, Expressionism & Surrealism.
4. The Spiritual View: Abstraction, De Stijl & Russian Avant-Garde.
5. The Intelectual View: Duchamp, from Dadaism to Conceptual Art
6. Art after WWII: abstract expressionism, informalism & pop-art.
7. Postmodernism: Art & (Bio)Politics.
8. Art & Technology: from videoart to net art.