1. Writing skills and script writing techniques.
2. Appication of language and communication skills to the language of cinema.
3. Development of storytelling abilities.
4. Construction of plots and characterisation. Understanding of storytelling structure.
5. Appreciation of creative techniques.
Description of contents: programme
- Scriptwriting techniques.
- Scenes, sequences and shots.
- The end of the story.
Learning activities and methodology
- Practical classes.
Analysis and presentation of cases of study. Brainstorming of ideas and discussion of relevant topics (0,5 ECTS).
Supervised homework. Creative writing of a short film script (1,5 ECTS).
% end-of-term-examination 0
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 100
Dancyger Ken & Rush Jeff. Alternative Scriptwriting: Beyond the Hollywood Formula. . Focal Press. 2013
Field Syd. The screenwriter¿s Solver Problem. Bamtan Dell . 1998
Daniel Mann. Ejercicio para cinco dedos. Llamentol. 2016
Mick Hurbis-Cherrier. Voice & Vision A Creative Approach to Narrative Film and DV Production. Routledge. 2011
The course syllabus and the academic weekly planning may change due academic events or other reasons.