This course aims to introduce students to the principles of management of companies dedicated to housing. To achieve this goal students must acquire a range of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
As regards knowledge, at the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Know the different types of housing and different types of companies active in this field.
- Know the internal organization of the major departments.
- Know exactly the tools and operating procedures of the field of housing.
- Know and apply the models of quality management and environment in the field of housing.
- Understand and correctly apply the technologies of information and communication technology (TIC) in developing operational procedures.
As for specific skills, at the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Design in practice the organizational structure of lodging companies.
- Design in practice operating protocols of the various departments.
- Manage the sources of information to analyze the decisions proposed in the business plan.
- Using the tools of quantitative and qualitative methods to resolve the decisions proposed in the business plan.
- Analyze and interpret the results of the various alternatives proposed business plan.
- Make decisions about the business plan.
- Implement programs to improve environmental quality and housing companies.
In terms of general abilities or skills, the course will work:
- The ability to make decisions.
- The ability to work together.
- The ability to work with tools and new information and communication technologies (TICs).
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to adapt to new situations.
As the student attitudes after completing the course should have:
- Initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- An enthusiastic attitude to solve problems and justify their actions.
- A collaborative approach that will allow other agents to obtain information and knowledge to make decisions.
- To have a commitment to ethical business.