The objective of this course is that the student should acquired an adecuate understanding of the significance, extension, importance and content of Marketing, specially, in the area of tourism. It should provide a general framework to understand how marketing activities are undertaken within organizations. In order to reach this objective, the student must acquire the following knowledges, capabilities, skills and actitudes.
In regard to knowledge, once the course in finished, students should be capable of:
- To know the specifities of the marketing of services, and within this, the marketing of tourist services and products.
- To understand the different phases of a tourist market research project and also the behaviour of the tourist consumer, mainly from his/her decision and purchasing making process, to the implementation and development of a marketing plan.
- To know and identify the decision making process for tourist products and services.
- To analyze the concept of consumer satisfaction within the business of tourism.
- To evaluate and sythetize the commercial and competitive information to establish competitive policies and marketing plans for any company, and specially, for the corporations and institutions in the tourism business.
- To develop a marketing plan with the tourism sector. Students should apply all knowledge acquired in this marketing plan.
In regard to capabilites, these can be classified in two different groups: specific capabilites and more generic capabilities or skills.
In terms of specifici capabilities, once the course is finished, the student should be able to:
- To identify the relevant dimesions of the commercial environment for the company.
- To know and utlize the most appropiate instruments to understand the whole business environment.
- To understand the different variables for the marketing decision within the marketing mix, and its relationship with the company marketing strategy.
In regard to the general skills, during the course, work will be focused on:
- Develop the skills to search for appropiate information in regard to the academic materials, and specifically, in tourism.
- Develop personnal capabilities to work in group and acomplished team work related projects, as well as to make personal presentations within the group presentation.
- To be able to summarize in a final document the group project for the semester: a full marketing plan.
- Skills to make a diagnostic and full recommendations for commercial actions in terms of companies, sectors or institutions.
- To develop the necessary actitudes and skills to be able to work individually as well as in a group, applying the analysis and practical application of the conceptual and empirical knowledge acquired during the course.
In regard to the actitudes and other skills, once the course in finished, the student should be able to:
* Be creative to confront recomendations and actions, based on theoretical foundation