The main objective of this course is that student should acquire an adecuate understanding of the marketing research process and the different phases and thecniques to develop a market research project. To reach this objective, students must acquire different knowledge, capabilites and aptitudes.
In regard to acquired knowledge, students at the end of the course should be capable of:
- To know the major sources of information for market research in marketing.
- To understand the market research process from the first set of objetives to the end of the final market research report.
- To identify the best market research approach and study that is the most appropiate for the proposed objectives.
- To analyze and evaluate the statistical thecniques most appropiate for the research project.
- To summarize in a market research report the qualitative and quantitative information derived from the market research program.
In regard to the specific capabilities, at the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- To design and implement a market research project.
- To apply the necessary statistical techniques to each project and type of reserch proposal.
- To write a final market research report with the necessary information, including the technical information and conclusions.
In regard to general capabilities, during the course work, they should be focused on:
- To develop the capability to search for the necessary secondary information to rearch the proposed objetives.
- To develop the capability to design the proper research proposal and establish the appropiate techniques and methodologies.
- To be able to develop skills to teamwork, with group presentations of a selected market research.
- To develop skills to summarize the market research findings and conclusions in a final document, that should be presented at the end of the semester.
- Skills and capabilites to develop a good diagnosis to the situations as well as recommendations for actions to be taken in terms of commercial and marketing activities for companies and institutions.
In regard to aptitudes, once the course is finished, the student should:
- Be creative in regard to recommendations and marketing actions to be taken based on the market research outcomes.
- Have a ethical and responsable behaviour with his/her class colleagues, and specially, with his/her work group.