- Being able to explain the historical evolution of political parties, its types and their relations with each democratic model, as well as knowing and being able to analyze the organizational structure of the political parties, as well as their interaction with society.
- Being able to analyze the different functions political parties perform, both regarding institutions and society, as well as to differentiate among different types of party systems.
- Knowing and being able to analyze the main characteristics and elements of pressure groups and (new) social movements, as well as between the main political collective actors regarding their main elements and characteristics.
- Being able to explain the main theories of political culture, its factors and consequences, as well as the cultural change under the theory of human development. Being able to analyze political culture patterns, its factors and consequences.
- Knowing and being able to analyze patterns, relevant variables and consequences of political participation and political behavior, differentiating the relevant analytical approaches and theories, as well as the different kinds and patterns of political participation.