- to identify economic, social and demographic dynamics in the long run related to modern economic growth
- to relate these dynamics during history with analytical categories of sociology like modernization, urbanization, secularization
- to use appropriately use basic economic concepts (productivity, convergence, structural change, integration, globalization, income distribution)
- to correctly interpret demographic (birth rate, death rate, fertility) and socio-economic indicators (growth rate, GDP per capita and hour worked, unemployment rate, Lorenz curve, Gini coefficient) which are related to the topics of the course.
Regarding skills and abilities:
- to develop basic abilities regarding the analyis of texts, compilation and processing of information, precision in the use of analytic concepts, clarity in establishing causal relationships between phenomena;
- to develop advanced abilities regarding comparing texts, estimation and use of quantitative indicators, the writing of a complex text according to academic and scientific criteria;
- to develop skills regarding the public (oral) presentation of the results of the students' work