Bachelor in Sociology (2008 Study Plan) (Plan: 151 - Estudio: 208)
Coordinating teacher: SANDELL , FRANK RICKARD
Department assigned to the subject: Social Sciences Department
ECTS Credits: 6.0 ECTS
Requirements (Subjects that are assumed to be known)
Introductory course of Introduction to Sociolgy
· Analyze and understand the role of organizations in society.
· Know the fundamental dimensions of organizations and the types of organizations in contemporary society.
· Introduce in the analysis of organizational behaviour.
· Understand the problems of organizations.
· Understand the relationship between the media and organizations, and its implications.
Introduction to Sociology
Sociology of Organizations. Organizations and society
Main theoretical contributions
Types of organizations
Organizations as rational, natural and open systems
Change in organizations
Elements and structure of organizations
Social groups and organizations
Culture in organizations
Organizations in the Information Society
The future of complex organizations. Globalization and organizations
The organization of work and workers
Workers in organizations
Learning activities and methodology
Theory (4ECTS). Theory classes with materials available in Aula Global.
Practices (2ECTS). Videos, case studies, best practices and presentations.
Group tutorials to solve problems, doubts, etc.
% end-of-term-examination 50
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 50