The specific aims of the subject constitutional law regarding academic competences, or as regards the acquisition of basic knowledge, are the following:
1. To learn the significance of the democratic principle as a basis of the Constitutional Organization and the various instruments which allow the participation in the public affairs
2. Knowledge of the legal elements of the process of formation of power in a democracy: the right to vote, election, political parties, direct democracy.
3. Knowledge of constitutional settings of the Crown as head of State.
4. Knowledge of the role of the Cortes Generales as Parliament: mode of election, structure and organization, status of theirs members, functions.
5. Knowledge of the constitutional position of the Government: establishment, operation, structure functions and cessation.
6. Knowledge of the function of the Spanish parliamentary system: parliamentary control, political responsibility requirement, dissolution of the Parliament.
7. Knowledge of the role of the judiciary in the constitutional system
8. Knowledge of the main rules of the territorial organization of the State: territorial autonomy, distribution of powers State-Autonomous Communities.