The specific aims of the subject constitutional law regarding academic competences, or as regards the acquisition of basic knowledge, are the following:
1. Knowledge of origins, historical development and current meaning of concept of Constitution and its functions in the context of the social and democratic rule of law.
2. Knowledge of the period of political transition processes to democracy and the constituent phase of 1978 Spanish Constitution, as well as the general meaning of the main principles underlying the Spanish Constitution and to be able to observe and distinguish its manifestations in the constitutional text.
3. Knowledge of the system of fundamental rights, constitutionally recognized, and its guarantee mechanisms
4. Knowledge of the legal elements of the process of formation of power in a democracy: the right to vote, election, political parties, direct democracy.
5. Knowledge of constitutional settings of the Crown as head of State.
6. Knowledge of the role of the Cortes Generales as Parliament: mode of election, structure, organization and operation, status of theirs members, functions.
7. Knowledge of the function of the Spanish parliamentary system:establishment of the Government, parliamentary control, political responsibility requirement, dissolution of the Parliament.
8. Knowledge of the constitutional position of the Government: composition, structure and operation, functions, removal of the Government
9. Knowledge of the role of the judicature in the constitutional system
10. Knowledge of the main rules of the territorial organization of the State: territorial autonomy, institutional system of the autonomous communities, distribution of powers between the State and autonomous communities, relations between the two, financing of the autonomous communities, as well as the local regime.
11. Knowledge of the nature of supreme norm and founding norm of the order that the Constitution has
12. Knowledge of the importance of constitutional rigidity and procedures for the amendment of 1978 Constitution.
13. Knowledge of the main elements of the constitutional system of law sources.
14. Knowledge of the institutional position of the Constitutional Court as guarantor of the constitutional supremacy.
15. Knowledge of the procedures of the constitutional control of the norms with force of law